Smoked Paprika Cooking Ideas
- Smoked paprika has a wonderful smoky flavour but it can overwhelm a dish if too much is added. Start with a small amount and taste as you add more.
- Add to hearty stews and soups.
- Sprinkle onto your eggs in the morning.
- Mix 1tsp of smoked paprika with 1tbsp of olive oil for a simple marinade to bring an authentic fire cooked flavour to the recipe.
- Paprika roast potatoes
- Caribbean Cauliflower With Pineapple Salsa
- Vegetable Paella with Mushrooms, Kale and Peas
- Burnt aubergine veggie chilli
- Ingredient Pairings
Smoked paprika is a fruity spice although much of the sweetness in the paprika is lost in the smoky flavour. It pairs well with ingredients which absorb flavour well like potatoes and eggs. It also complements anything roasted, giving it a smoky fire cooked flavour.
- Spice Pairings
Smoked paprika goes well with spices like cumin, chilli flakes, garlic, onion and black pepper. It also works well with saffron, especially in the Spanish classic paella.
Click here for smoked paprika ingredient profile and more flavour information.