Caribbean Cauliflower With Pineapple Salsa
Fire up your oven for an easy plant-based recipe full of bold Caribbean flavours! Just roast cauliflower in spices and pair it with a fresh, fiery pineapple salsa, brown rice and beans.
Difficulty level: 2/5
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Recipe serves: 2 people
- 10g coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cauliflower
- 100g rice
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- 1 can of pineapple (220g).
- Heat oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)/ 395°F/ Gas 6
- Cut the cauliflower[s] into small florets, cut the red pepper[s] in half (scrape the seeds and pith out with a teaspoon) and chop roughly
- Add the jerk seasoning, smoked paprika and soy sauce and a generous drizzle of vegetable oil to a large bowl. Add the cauliflower florets to the mixed spices with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and give everything a good mix up until evenly coated
- Add the coated cauliflower and chopped red pepper to a baking tray. Put the tray in the oven for 20-25 min or until everything is cooked through and tender – this is your Caribbean-spiced cauliflower and roasted red pepper.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice, add it to a pot of salted boiling water and cook for 10-11 minutes. While the rice is cooking, zest the limes and add to bowl with squeezed lime juice – this is your lime dressing
- Trim, then slice the spring onions finely, cut the red chilli in half lengthways, deseed (scrape the seeds out with a teaspoon) and chop finely.
- Chop the coriander finely, including the stalks Drain (save the juice for later!) and finely chop the pineapple.
- Combine the sliced spring onion, chopped coriander, pineapple, and red chilli (not a fan of spice? only add a little!) with a splash of the reserved pineapple juice and give everything a good mix up – this is your pineapple salsa.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Once the rice is cooked, return it to a medium heat with the drained kidney beans and cook for 2-3 min or until the beans are warmed through – this is your cooked rice & beans.
- Serve the Caribbean-spiced cauliflower over the cooked rice & beans Top with pineapple salsa and roasted red pepper Drizzle the lime dressing all over Enjoy!