Vegetarian tacos! So easy and quick to make and great to get all those amazing Mexican flavours on to the plate. We used onion, sweet red pepper, courgette & tomato.
- 1 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 sweet red pepper (thinly sliced lengthways)
- 1 courgette (cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced widthways)
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 fresh green chilli (desseded and finely chopped)
- 1 tin / carton black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful (15 gr) coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 pack corn tortillas
- 1 lime
- Finely chop 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic and add to pan with olive oil on medium heat. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly golden brown (being careful not to burn).
- Add in sweet red pepper, courgette and 2 tsp taco seasoning stirring well. Cook on medium to high heat for further 5 minutes so veggies become slightly charred (and smoky tasting).
- Remove stone from avocado and remove from skin. Use fork to make a rough guacamole texture. Add in 1/4 finely chopped onion, squeeze of lime and pinch of salt. Mix together and set to one side.
- Add beans to pan with splash of oil and cook on a medium to low heat. If you prefer beans to have a bit of spice, add in 1 tsp chilli powder.
Pico de gallo salsa
- Finely chop 2 tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 1 fresh green chilli (deseed and remove pith), half handful of coriander (8gr). Add all ingredients to a bowl, squeeze of lime and mix thoroughly.
- Place tortillas in oven (or microwave for 20 seconds) to warm up.
- Serve taco filling with any of three toppings and fresh coriander leaf for garnish.