Thai Green Curry
Vegan Thai Green Curry with aubergine, green beans & tofu served with jasmine rice. This fresh recipes makes for a perfect healthy lunch or dinner.
Combining sweet, citrus and spicy flavours the Thai Green Curry epitomises much of what Thai cuisine is all about.
- 1 aubergine (halved lengthways then into 3cm chunks)
- 100g green beans
- 100g tofu (chopped into squares)
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (100 gr) jasmine rice
- for garnish 10 gr fresh coriander (finely chopped).
Thai Green Paste
- 4-6 green chilies (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 20 gr fresh coriander with stalks (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 tsp ground galangal (use ginger as a substitute)
- 1 tsp lemongrass
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Begin by making the curry paste. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend together. If the paste seems too dry, add water (teaspoon at a time) until reaching a thick consistency.
- Spoon 2 tbsp coconut milk into a large pan with a fitting lid and stir in the paste. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Pour in the remainder of the coconut milk and mix together.
- Add the vegetables and stir well. Cover the curry with a lid and let simmer for 25 mins
- Fry the tofu in a pan for 10 mins until lightly brown on all sides.
- Cook the jasmine rice according to packet instructions.
- Add the tofu into the curry and mix well cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve the curry with rice and garnish with fresh coriander.