Classic meat free North African / Middle Eastern breakfast dish made with eggs. Works great both as a morning or evening meal as it's so quick and easy to put together!
Difficulty level: 2/5
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Recipe serves 2 people
- 4 eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 gr feta cheese
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 10 gr fresh parsley,
- 2 tsp dried chilli (preferably milder chilli like aleppo or guajillo)
- 2 tsp crushed coriander
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp of both crushed cumin
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternatively use 4 tsp of our Shish blend which contains the same ingredients.
- Chop onion & red pepper into thin strips then fry in pan for 5 mins. Add chopped garlic and one tsp of each spice (or 4 tsp Shish blend) and stir for 1 minute. Chop tomatoes and add to the pan with half a glass of water. Give everything a good stir together and then cook for 15 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is cooking, beat 4 eggs in bowl and season with pinch of salt and good grind of black pepper.
- Break feta into a separate bowl and add finely chopped fresh parsley along with 1 tsp crushed coriander seed and 1 tsp dried chilli and a good glug of olive oil. Mix together and set to one side.
- Now add eggs to the pan and fold gently into the sauce. Put lid on to the pan and leave to cook for 5 mins on a medium heat.
- Serve eggs on to plates and sprinkle feta before serving.
Recipe has been adapted from the wonderful cookbook Falastin.