Mexican Salsa (Pico de Gallo)
Pico de Gallo is one of the classic Mexican salsas. It goes great as a dip with tortilla crisps or as a condiment on the side. If you've been lucky enough to visit Mexico you will remember seeing it on almost every restaurant table you sat at! This salsa is vegan and mild enough for the whole family to enjoy, but if you want more of a kick you can always add more chilli!
- One small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (remove seeds and pith then finely chopped)
- 4 medium-large tomatoes (finely chopped)
- one handful (15 gr) coriander leaf (finely chopped)
- juice from 1 lime
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Finely chop all ingredients above and combine well in a mixing bowl. Squeeze over lime and add a pinch of salt then mix again.
- Serve in a small bowl as a dip or on the side of the plate as a condiment.