Jerk jackfruit, sweet yellow pepper & black bean wrap
First time for us trying this jerk jackfruit wrap and it was great! The jackfruit really does look like pulled pork! Let's be honest though, jackfruit doesn't taste of much so plenty of seasoning is required. But otherwise its a tasty and quick easy vegetarian lunch.
Difficulty level: 2/5
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Recipe serves: 2 people
- 1 can jackfruit
- 1 heaped tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 can black beans
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 sweet yellow pepper (roughly chopped)
- Half a cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- 1 handful of fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Drain jackfruit and pour into mixing bowl. Add in 1 tbsp jerk seasoning, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp olive oil & juice from 1/2 lime (keep the other half for later). Mix well and set to one side.
- Finely chop 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic and add to pan with olive oil on medium heat. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly golden brown (being careful not to burn). Now add in yellow pepper and cook for a further 4-5 mins until soft.
- While the pepper is cooking, in a separate pan pour in black beans with liquid from the tin and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Cook on a low heat stirring occasionally.
- Now also slice the cucumber into long thin strips and finely chop the coriander ready to add into the wrap.
- Add the jerk jackfruit to the onion, garlic & pepper mix and stir together. Continue to cook and stir on a medium heat for a further 5 minutes until the jackfruit is cook through.
- At this stage put the tortilla wraps into the microwave for 20 seconds just to soften.
- When the jackfruit is ready, spoon into the tortilla and add black beans & cucumber. Now also sprinkle coriander on top and add a tablespoon of yoghurt with a squeeze of lime to finish.