Crispy Bread with Mushrooms in Sherry- Champiñones al jerez crocante de pan
It's tapas time! This quick and easy meat free tapas recipe uses seasonal button mushrooms with delicious pine nuts all simmered in sweet Spanish Sherry before being spread on an olive oil toasted baguette.
Inspired by a recipe from Malcolm Coxall
- 1 baguette
- Bottle of sweet sherry, oloroso or similar
- Olive oil
- Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Pine nuts
- Button mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into thick slices
- Heat olive oil in pan then fry the mushrooms and pine nuts on a low heat, season well with salt and pepper then cook for a further two minutes.
- Pour sherry into the pan until the mushrooms are just covered. Cook uncovered over a low heat until the sherry is completely reduced
- Set aside the mushrooms to cool then stir through the coriander.
- Slice the baguette into thin slices then brush each with a little olive oil.
- Bake the baguette slices for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over each slice and serve.