Bean Burger Sliders - Latin American Inspired
Great plant based summer alternative to your classic beef burger is this Latin American inspired bean burger. Seasoned with Argentinian chimichurri and topped with a Mexican salsa, it gives any beef burger a good run for its money. These burgers are as easy to cook as any other plus with the added benefit of being packed with delicious and healthy beans.
- Can of black or mixed beans
- 1 onion chopped
- 15g fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs from 1 slices of bread (if needed)
- 1 tbsp Chimichurri Blend
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 10g fresh coriander
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp chilli powder
Method - Bean burger:
- Drain and pat dry 1 can of black or mixed beans. The type of beans you use will depend on the consistency you get. For this recipe we used black beans. Mash black beans in a bowl and add the breadcrumbs from 1 slice of bread.
- Now whisk the egg in a separate bowl and pour half into the mixture. Add in the onion, parsley, and Chimichurri blend and mix well together.
- Make 2 patties and cook on bbq for around 10 minutes each side on a low heat. Be sure not to try and move the bean burger patties too soon and wait until they are crisp on one side before flipping over.
- Chop tomatoes, red onion and fresh coriander leaf, add Chilli powder, juice of half a lime, salt to taste - mix well.
- Add the freshly made salsa on top of the bean burger before serving in a fresh warm bap.