One of our new and upcoming blends is the madras. Illustrated below with pilau rice and dhal. All three are quick and easy to make and full of fresh veggie goodness. Click here for dhal and pilau rice recipes and read on below for the madras.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (red or white your choice) - finely chopped
- 1 aubergine chopped – (see below)
- 4 tsp Madras spice blend
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- Handful (10g) fresh coriander.
- Heat oil in pan and fry onion until soft. Chop aubergine length ways then into 2-3 cm chunks and add with a good glug of olive oil. Cook for approximately 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Make a paste with Madras spice blend, white wine vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil, add to aubergine and onion and mix well together. Any excess paste - rinse with a bit of water and pour into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the aubergine to absorb the flavour.
- Add can of tomatoes plus half a can full of water and give it a good stir. Simmer for 10 minutes on a medium heat without the lid.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve with pilau rice and dhal.