Tandoori Masala Cooking Tips
- Tandoori masala (masala meaning mixture) is a blend of spices typically used with a tandoor (clay oven) in traditional Indian cooking.
- Tandoori masala is now most commonly used in both tandoori chicken & chicken tikka.
- To make a quick marinade for chicken skewers, add 2 tsp per 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt. Increase in same quantities as required.
- If you want to add a bit more vibrancy to your marinade, include a squeeze of garlic/ginger paste along with juice from half a lime & a glug of olive oil.
- The blend does not include any salt so add to taste.
- Once you have coated the chicken (meat/veggies of choice), leave to marinate for minimum half an hour.
- For serving roughly chop fresh coriander leaves & sprinkle on top.