South Side BBQ Cooking Tips
- The South Side BBQ Rub tastes great when added to any type of meat.
- It contains salt so there is no need to add additional when covering the meat.
- 1 tin of 65gr is enough for approximately 1.5kg of meat.
- To apply the South Side BBQ Rub, first rub a thin coating of olive oil & cover evenly across the meat.
- As well as adding flavour, the olive oil will help the rub stick better to the meat.
- Now sprinkle the South Side BBQ Rub over the meat massaging it across all areas so it is applied evenly.
- It is always best to apply the rub for a minimum of 1/2 an hour before cooking & a maximum of 2 hours.
- Salt will extract moisture (juices from the meat) once added. For that reason it is best not to leave the meat for over 2 hours.
- When cooking with dry rubs on the outside of the meat it is a balancing act of allowing direct flames to give a nice crisp charred outer crust while not burning off all of the flavour.
- It is best therefore to cook the meat 'low & slow' on the outer parts of the BBQ to allow a flavourful crust to develop,
- If a little more charring is needed then move the meat directly over the flames but keep a watchful eye to make sure the outer crust does not burn off completely.