Shish Cooking Tips
For shish blend re-fills click here
- The arabic word shish means skewer and although this blend is great for use on the bbq, it can also be used as a base flavour in other Turkish & Middle Eastern food.
- If using the shish blend for a marinade, follow instructions on the side of the jar & use marinade on meat or veggies of choice. We recommend marinating for a minimum of 1/2 hour.
- For veggie alternative to chicken or lamb skewers, try our haloumi, aubergine & sweet pepper recipe below.
- Alternatively if you are looking to marinate other veggies for the bbq, try using on thickly sliced aubergine or cauliflower as both work well on the grill.
- Mix into mashed chickpeas for homemade falafels.
- Try adding to stews, soups & casseroles for a boost of middle eastern flavour.
Recipe ideas using Shish blend
- Haloumi, aubergine & sweet pepper shish kebab
- Shakshuka (Middle Eastern eggs)
- Shish lentil meatballs on carrot spaghetti topped with rocket & feta
- Shish spiced cauliflower fritters
- Aubergine & chickpea stew
Shish flavour profile
- Blend Flavour Profile
Shish blend combines toasted cumin & coriander seeds with heat from chilli & savouriness of dried parsley.