Pastrami Rub Cooking Tips
- The Pastrami rub allows you to create an outer crust on whichever meat it is you are cooking.
- The coarseness of the rub means it will give you a crisp outer coating.
- To apply the Pastrami mix, first rub a thin coating of olive oil & sprinkle of salt (none included in this blend) & cover evenly across the meat.
- As well as adding flavour, the olive oil will help the Pastrami rub stick better to the meat.
- Now sprinkle the Pastrami rub over the meat massaging it across all areas so it is applied evenly.
- It is always best to apply the rub for a minimum of 1/2 an hour before cooking & a maximum of 2 hours.
- Salt will extract moisture (juices from the meat) once added. For that reason it is best not to leave the meat for over 2 hours.
- If you are using a wet marinade with more moisture covering the meat from oil / vinegar / yoghurt / water then leaving the meat for longer periods of time can be beneficial.