Ginger Cooking Ideas
- Ground ginger is spicier and less sweet than fresh ginger but still keeps some of its citrus, floral flavour.
- It is a great spice to use instead of chilli or pepper if you want to add heat to a dish. As with chilli & pepper, season to taste in small quantities.
- Ginger can be stirred through soups, stews and curries to add some heat and character.
- Use in Asian cooking, it works especially well in stir fries.
- Ginger is great for flavouring sweets and baked treats, bringing a peppery sweetness, perfect to warm you up in the winter months.
- Spice flavour profile
- Spice Pairings
Ginger is commonly found in baking spice blends like mixed spice alongside nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. It also pairs well with other hot spices like chillies and black pepper.
Click here for ginger ingredient profile and more flavour information.