Cinnamon Cooking Ideas
- Ceylon cinnamon is used widely in both sweet and savoury foods.
- It has many uses and the flavour is not too powerful so it is a good spice to experiment with.
- It goes well with most fruits especially apples and pears.
- Add to your porridge in the morning for added sweetness instead of sugar.
- Cinnamon is great in baked pastries, biscuits and cakes.
- Drop a pinch of cinnamon into coffee.
- Can be used to add sweetness to curries.
- Spice flavour profile
Ceylon cinnamon is a sweet spice. It has a woody slight citrussy, floral flavour. Ceylon cinnamon is not to be confused with cassia cinnamon which is much sweeter and harsher.
- Spice Pairings
Cinnamon pairs well with the spices ginger, cloves, allspice and nutmeg in sweets and desserts. In savoury dishes like curries it's often paired with turmeric and cumin.
Click here for cinnamon ingredient profile and more flavour information.