Chimichurri Cooking Tips
For Chimichurri re-fills click here
- Chimichurri is a classic Argentinian blend combining herb & chilli.
- It is typically used for marinating food before cooking on the barbecue.
- Mix 1-2 tsp chimichurri with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Increase in same ratios as needed. As with most marinades, the longer you leave it the better. As a minimum we would recommend 15 mins for marinating so the flavours have a chance to season the food you are working with.
- Stir this marinade into mayonnaise for a delicious chimichurri mayo to go on sandwiches, burgers or as a dip.
- Also a great seasoning for making homemade burgers (bean burger recipe below).
- Aside from using this chimichurri as a marinade, you can stir this spice blend into tomato sauces or soups for that Latin American flavour.
Recipe ideas using Chimichurri blend
Chimichurri flavour profile
- Spice Flavour Profile